Sara Houchin, MSEd, CMT
- Three-Year Retreat, Garchen Buddhist Institute, Chino Valley, AZ, 2008
- Bachelor of Arts (BA): Humanities with an emphasis in Tibetan Buddhist Studies, Prescott College, 2009
- Master of Science in Education (MSEd): Art Education, Indiana University, 2016
- Certified Reiki Master/Teacher (CRMT), Heart Spirals, 2016
- Certified Massage Therapist (CMT), Indiana Therapeutic Massage School, 2017
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Massage Certification, Claire Marie Miller, 2018
Sara Houchin, MSEd, CMT, is a Certified Massage Therapist, Certified Reiki/Master Teacher and Meditation Instructor. As a teenager, Sara was introduced to meditation and energy work and has been studying and practicing ever since. From September 2005 to November 2008, she completed a traditional three-year meditation retreat in the Drikung Kagyu lineage of Tibetan Buddhism at the Garchen Institute in Chino Valley, AZ, under the guidance of His Holiness Garchen Rinpoche and Venerable Traga Rinpoche. In August of 2009, Sara earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Humanities with an emphasis in Tibetan Buddhist Studies from Prescott College in Prescott, AZ. In May of 2016, she then went on to earn a Master of Science degree in Art Education from Indiana University in Bloomington, IN.
In December of 2016, after 15 years of study and practice, Sara completed her Reiki Master/Teacher certification with Christine Eartheart of Heart Spirals, in Bloomington, IN. In April of 2017, Sara graduated from Indiana Therapeutic Massage School and became a Certified Massage Therapist. She completed Claire Marie Miller’s Nurturing the Mother® Spa Pregnancy Massage certification in April of 2018. Sara is a lifelong learner who loves sharing her wide breadth of knowledge with interested students of all ages. Her commitment to lovingkindness, compassion and mindful awareness shines through in her mentoring style and her healing practice. Sara enjoys hiking with her husband, daughter and two dogs and looks forward to moving to the country, eating a lot of apples and planting a garden in the spring.