Sara Houchin, MSEd, CMT
- Three-Year Meditation Retreat, Garchen Buddhist Institute, Chino Valley, AZ, 2008
- Bachelor of Arts (BA): Humanities with an emphasis in Tibetan Buddhist Studies, Prescott College, 2009
- Master of Science in Education (MSEd): Art Education, Indiana University, 2016
- Certified Reiki Master/Teacher (CRMT), Heart Spirals, 2016
- Certified Massage Therapist (CMT), Indiana Therapeutic Massage School, 2017
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Massage Certification, Claire Marie Miller, 2018
Sara Houchin, MSEd, CMT, is a Certified Massage Therapist, Certified Reiki Teacher and Certified Meditation Instructor. As a teenager, Sara was introduced to meditation and energy work and has been studying and practicing ever since. From September 2005 to November 2008, Sara completed a traditional three-year meditation retreat in the Drikung Kagyu lineage of Tibetan Buddhism at the Garchen Buddhist Institute in Chino Valley, AZ, under the guidance of His Holiness Garchen Rinpoche and Venerable Traga Rinpoche. In August of 2009, Sara earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Humanities with an emphasis in Tibetan Buddhist Studies from Prescott College in Prescott, AZ. In May of 2016, Sara then went on to earn a Master of Science degree in Art Education from Indiana University in Bloomington, IN.
In December of 2016, after 15 years of study and practice, Sara completed her Reiki Master/Teacher certification with Christine Eartheart of Heart Spirals, in Bloomington, IN. In April of 2017, Sara graduated from Indiana Therapeutic Massage School and became a Certified Massage Therapist. Sara completed Claire Marie Miller’s Nurturing the Mother® Spa Pregnancy Massage certification in April of 2018. Sara holds a current certification in Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED. Sara is a lifelong learner who loves sharing her wide breadth of knowledge with interested students of all ages. Her commitment to lovingkindness, compassion and mindfulness shines through in her mentoring style and her healing practice. Sara enjoys hiking with her husband, daughter and two dogs and looks forward to one day living sustainably off the land.